A Senior Accountant position at MRPR will encompass both attest and tax engagement responsibilities. MRPR clients are small and medium size businesses in a wide variety of industries. The successful candidate will exhibit high standards of professional and social ethics and accept responsibility as the in-charge accountant on various engagements, know and understand the reasons behind the Firm’s policies and procedures and begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
For attest engagements, a senior accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and “wrap-up” which includes the preparation of financial statements with disclosures, applying GAAP knowledge and documenting, testing and assessing various systems and balances, as appropriate. This person will be involved in various types of engagements including audits, reviews, compilations, and agreed upon procedures.
For tax engagements, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, planning and coordinating the various phases of the engagement, preparation and/or review of tax support workpapers and tax returns (complex individual, corporate, partnership, fiduciary and other).
A senior accountant will act as the client contact for basic questions and information. This person will have responsibility for the supervision, development and training of staff accountants. While ensuring client satisfaction and managing deadlines, he/she will report to the Manager/Principal in charge of the engagement.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Three (3) to six (6) years prior work experience in a public accounting firm
- Supervisory experience
- CPA certification required
- Microsoft Office products
- Assurance and tax applications and research tools, including paperless engagement software
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be a primary contact for clients
- Ability to work as the “in-charge” for all stages of the engagement
- Financial statement preparation experience
- Tax knowledge and preparation experience